Logitech Revue Technical
- Intel Atom CE4150 1.2 GHz processor, with a 400 MHz GPU
- Gigabyte GA-SBKAN2 motherboard
- Samsung K9F8G08U0M 1 GB NAND Flash (RAM)
- Hynix H27UBG8T2ATR 4 GB NAND Flash (Long Term Storage)
- Silicon Image Sil9135 HDMI 1.3 Receiver
- Nanya NT5CB128M8CN-CG 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 Gb X 8)
- Realtek Semiconductor RTL8201N 10/100M PHYceiver
- Microchip PIC24FJ64GA004-I/PT 16-bit microcontroller
The Logitech Revue was recently torndown and its inners revealed.
Samsung K9F8G08U0M 1 GB NAND Flash
- Used for storage of bootloader, kernel, boot flash graphics, Linux OS etc..
Hynix H27UBG8T2ATR 4 GB NAND Flash (Long Term Storage)
- Used for persistent storage, device is /dev/sda - possible to override with an external USB drive
Microchip PIC24FJ64GA004-I/PT 16-bit microcontroller
- Used to handle IR input/output for remotes/IR blasters and possible interface with wireless keyboard
Place new update labeled "update.zip" on a USB drive, with a single partition (ie, 1st partition on a USB disk, so say "/dev/sdc1")
Insert into Revue in the Right most USB port (if looking at the back, closest to the power jack)
Boot into recovery mode: (confirm?)
Hold the Sync button while plugging in the Revue, keep it held, at the same time hold Menu+L on the keyboard.
Box will reboot, continue to hold Sync button, then hold Alt+L (or mash, your choice), and it should then enter recovery mode.
You can then update the box, with a newer update. Downgrading fails however due to a date check.