Want to Help?
While root access to the Revue was gained by the BreakVue hack, the gtvhacker team is not done. Below are a list of information that we are trying to enhance in our quest for a pure software-only access. As always, check into the irc room (channel #gtvhacker) if you have questions or need assitance.
We are still looking for documentation support on all things Google TV.
- From the file system layout (See GTV_FileSystem)
- To user interactions (Commands & Buttons & Controls)
Anything you've found out about GoogleTV, feel free to include as well.
Catalog as much info about the updates as possible. Information about the specific updates can be provided on the appropriate version-specific pages. These pages and more can be found at GoogleTV_-_Version_Numbers.
- What are the differences in files from update to update (which are new, which are missing)
- What changed in the files that were present before.
- List changed APKS and their use.
- work on decrypting the sony updates (afaik qualis doesn't have a box)
Better annotate the binaries and information they provide.
- debug/analysis certain binaries
- A public analysis of all the binaries in each update could be useful